Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately. We've been having a busy summer. Hard to believe that we've already had Sophie for a month. She's adapted really well (except for the random outrages over the wild kitties on our deck). Sophie is still a saint when it comes to Ian. He loves her sooo much, but unfortunately that translates to wanting to hug her and pat her nose and paws. She just lays there and takes it though. Such a good kitty.
We've been enjoying the company of some friends of ours from Seattle. I met the mom online when I was pregnant with Ian and we've been friends ever since. Her parents moved from WI to MI last winter so when she and her 2 girls came to visit for 3 weeks we were happy to get to see them. We've had several playdates the past 2 weeks and are planning one more before they leave Tuesday night.
I've also been busy making toys. I started making cradle purses for the birthday parties we've been to for Ian's friends. The girls have loved them. I've also made some playfood veggie sets with a shopping bag. I gave a set away to a little friend the other day and her mom would like me to make some fruit to go with it. I'm hoping that I can get more exposure for my toys both through etsy and word of mouth. Starting in September, I'll have some samples/contact info displayed in a place where there are lots of kids so I'm hoping that being able to see the toys will help too.
Ian's speech has really been changing a lot lately. He's still hard to understand for people who aren't around him all the time, but he's gone from just saying one word at a time back in March to talking in sentences! We've also taken his bink away for good. I wasn't really planning on cold turkey, but it's just kind of happening that way. So far he's been bink free for 60 hours. We've had a few rough patches including bedtime last night, but we're making it. As part of my keep him distracted plan, I took him down to Bike Time yesterday. He really enjoyed the stunt show and seeing all the motorcycles.
Alison still likes horses, but has recently learned about Pokemon. Her friend Mandy introduced her to it and she's been studying it for weeks now. I thought that it was way old and nobody cared about it anymore, but apparently it's still very popular. So here we go into a new obsession. It's so fun to watch her figure things out and how excited she is to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for Seattle friends! Tee hee. FWIW, my nephew, who will be 9 in August, LOVES Pokemon and it's still all the rage with his friends.
ReplyDelete