Sunday, October 18, 2009

He might be getting it!

I think Ian finally might be ready to use the potty! He has wanted some Geotrax trains and track, so we told him that if we didn't have to spend money on diapers, we could get him some Geotrax. Last week, we got a big box full of track, trains, buildings, trees, signs, and even a couple boats off of ebay. I put a peice of track and a train up on top of the fish tank and showed them to Ian. We told him that if he went potty he could have them. He had been looking at them and asking about them for a few days and then yesterday he had success and earned the train and track!!! We were so happy for him. Dan even took him to Meijer and let him get some candy to celebrate. While they were gone, I got out 2 extra peices of track because really one peice of track was barely big enough for both of his little trains to fit on, plus I got another track and train car and put them on the fish tank. Ian was so thrilled with his 3 pcs of track and new train that when he had to go potty again, he ran to the bathroom and used the toilet again! So he earned the track and trailer for his new red train. He didn't want to go to bed last night because he wanted to stay up to go potty and earn more trains and tracks. While we were cuddling before bed last night he asked if we had the dump truck and scoofs (scoops=diggers) trains. I told him we didn't but that I could see if I could find a good deal on them for him. I know that 2 trips to the potty is a long way from being completely potty trained, but after all the resistance to going potty that he has had, to see him positive about it is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment