Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I know, I stink at this!

After a few hints this weekend over my spotty blogging, I'm here again, lol. Truth is I do much better on facebook. I don't like Twitter, too busy, too short, too much. When I blog, I always feel like I have to say something profound or important. Facebook is a happy medium for me I guess. But I do know that some people hate Facebook and this is the only way for them to keep up with us. So I really am sorry that I let my poor blog get so neglected.

We had a wonderful Christmas weekend. Lots of fun with family from all over. Seems like even though we are in the same house for a whole day, you never do get to have a complete conversation with anybody. Especially when you have 2 kids who are sooo excited and acting completely crazy. I hate to think that people who saw my kids on Saturday will think that they are always like that, because really they aren't. It's just day 3 of 5 days of partying and they were a frenzy of activity. Anyway, we did have a great time even though it went by way too fast. Now we need to get back to our normal routine.

Today I took Ian for a hearing check. Last month at his check up one of his ears had a little fluid in it. He had just gotten over a cold (and little did we know that he would get another the next week). So the ped wanted him to be rechecked in a month just to make sure it had cleared up. Well today both ears failed the hearing screening. Now I've got to call an ENT to get him checked out. On one hand, it might explain some of his speech problems if his ears are randomly filling with fluid. On the other hand, he still has other issues though too, like not being able to make his tongue do certain movements. Actually his speech has improved a lot in the last couple months and he's using more and more words and longer sentences, so I'm not sure that his hearing is really that affected, although it could explain why sometimes he doesn't seem to hear me when I talk to him. It will be interesting to see what the ENT says.

I also took Alison to an OT eval the week before Christmas break. I've always worried about her sensitivity to sensory things (like sounds, smells, tastes, noises, etc). We met a really nice OT named Tammy and it was really interesting to me to watch the eval. There were so many things that Alison couldn't do or felt very uncomfortable doing. She has developed a lot of coping mechanisms, but she definately needs some motor skill and sensory therapy. I'm really hoping that this will really help her out and make big changes for her.

That's about it for us now. I'll try not to let this poor blog slide again. If you want to catch up with me on facebook, I'm there!

No comments:

Post a Comment