...I always am. Lately Ian has been doing some really neat things, that nobody ever taught him. He just figures stuff out. About 2 weeks ago, he figured out how to plug things in. Doesn't sound all that impressive, but we have babyproof (and sometimes even adult proof) covers over all the outlets. They have a spring loaded faceplate that rotates the openings about 20 degrees. You have to push the plug in, rotate it and then finish pushing the plug in when the slots are lined up just right. And now my baby can do it with ease. He's had fun moving his night light around the house and found the old baby monitor which has a very cool push light on it and he plugs it in just to play with the light.
His imagination is really starting to be amazing too. Just now we were in his room. I was sitting in his race car bed and he was "fixing" it. He used the kids play vacuum like a hydrolic jack and then used the nozzle on his fire truck like an impact wrench to pretend to take the tire off. He even made sounds that sounded like a power tool. (yesterday we had watched a video about working in a garage and it had shown how to fix flat tires) Then he used the hose attachment on the kids vacuum to fill the car up with gas. His wagon is a trailer that he hooks up (leans the handle on the bed) to haul stuff.
Other than that, we've been fighting off germs for the entire month. Alison got sick first at the beginning of the month, followed by Ian the 2nd week and Dan the 3rd week. I was so proud of myself for avoiding the germs and staying healthy until this week when I got really sick and the kids both had a relapse. We all ended up staying home and missing the family Thanksgiving dinner. :( Now we're all starting to get a little better, but I've heard the cough hangs on for weeks.
I also took Ian for his annual check up this week (the day before I got sick). Everything is normal and he's in the 75%ile for both height and weight. It amazes me because to me, he always seems smaller than our other 3yo friends, I guess that just means that they are even higher percentile-wise!
Alison is supposed to have her check up on Tuesday. We're hoping that she and I are both heathier by then so we can go without having to have to sit on the sick side and wear masks. If we are still sick, I think we'll just reschedule.
Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving Day. I'm finding it hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment