We just got back from our 1st day of winter co-op and we had a great time! 1st hour I got to be a sub helper in Alison's China class. They learned a lot of fun facts about China, made a Chinese flag and learned that fortune cookies started in California and got to eat a fortune cookie!
Then we had my class. It was so much fun. The kids seemed like they were excited and had fun too. They each went home with a small lump of bread dough too. We are making ours into breadsticks to go with dinner. One of the boys in my class said his mom grinds wheat to make their bread too! I'll have to talk to her and learn more about what she does. I only ended up with 10 kids, 5 girls and 5 boys, so the perfect size for all these fun experiments. Now I just have to make sure that next week is just as exciting as this week, lol.
I'm trying to decide if I want to teach something for spring session. It's trickier to plan for since there is only 1 week between winter and spring instead of the 2 months we had this time. I've got a couple ideas rattling around in my head so I'll have to see if I can turn them into 8 weeks of fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jennifer,
ReplyDeleteThank you for keeping up with this blog. It's fun to read what is going on in your world.
Love Aunt Marcia
You're welcome Aunt Marcia. I'm going to try to keep up better with it!
ReplyDelete