We had another great day at co-op on Friday. This week I got to help in the Botany class, then teach my science class. I taught the kids about air pressure this time and we did all sorts of fun experiments. Sadly, there were still more that I had planned to do that we didn't have time for. I'd rather be over-prepared and have too much to do then have the kids bored though. I think they all had fun with what we did so I consider it a success. My goal is for them to see science as fun and for that to spark them to go home and learn more about what I show them or at least to be excited enough to tell their parents and hopefully they'll remember what I showed them when their parents teach them more about the concept later.
Alison had fun in her China class. This week they learned about housing and they played a game with 2 buckets on a stick to simulate how the farmers carry stuff around. (this is from Alison's point of view, not sure what else they learned about, lol) They are also learning about the life of a famous missionary to China. I guess they had a Chinese cookie to try, but it had seeds on it (sesame is what she said) and that made her decide that she didn't like it. I am proud of her for at least trying it though.
Ian also did something really neat this week for the very first time! He named one of his stuffed animals! It's actually a kitty that he has on semi-permanent loan from Alison. He named it Sophie (our kitty's name) and he hugs and kisses it (something the real Sophie only tolerates for so long before going into hiding). The last 2 nights at bedtime he's had a little conversation with the stuffed Sophie about her being sad because she can't find her mommy. Yesterday I told him that kitties don't live with their mommies for very long and that's why they have people to live with and love them and take care of them. So today in his conversation with Sophie after he said she wasn't happy and was sad because her momma was gone he told her it was ok because he loved her and gave her hugs and kisses. I have to say that I almost cried it was so sweet.
Alison's OT is going well. I'm already seeing a difference in how she is doing on the excersizes that we've been working on for homework. Don't get me wrong, she still has a long way to go, but it's good to see her making a bit of progress already.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment