...around here. We've been busy with co-op, OT and speech lately.
Alison has OT once a week and then homework (exercises to practice) every day. She is making good progress with it. It's slow, but she is making progress. Luckily we are cleared for almost a year's worth of appointments through our insurance.
Ian's doing really good in speech. There are still some sounds that are hard for him to make. But he's talking in longer sentences and about new things. He used to say the same things over and over because it was what he could say. But now he's coming up with new things every day. I've even gotten comments from the moms that work in the nursery at co-op that they can understand him much better now and they notice a big difference.
Today was week 5 of our 8 week winter session of co-op. It's flying by quickly! My science class is still a lot of fun. I'm planning a preschool class for spring about building and fixing. I know Ian will like it and I want him to branch out from the nursery. I also might be helping out with the botany class. It is a year long thing and they need help so I volunteered to help with the experiments part of it. Should be interesting. I also volunteered to help with sending out emails and some general computer stuff. The poor mom that is in charge is way overworked and needs help and it's a small way that I can help ease her load.
Thursday we stopped at the art museum since we haven't been there since this fall. They had 3 neat galleries going on. One was pictures of native americans from the 1920's. The other was postcard art that anybody in the community could make to display. Then they sell the art to raise money for the museum. It is always interesting to see the different ways people express themselves. The third was all birds in art. Ian liked the sculptures the best. Alison liked picking out birds that she knew and had seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Jennnifer,
ReplyDeleteSounds like the kids are progressing forward, that's nice to hear.
Love Aunt Marcia
Which sculptures did he like? When we went to the modern art museum in SF, the kids were fascinated with the frozen car exhibit. We spent a good deal of time in there and had to go twice. It was like 15 degrees in there, so we were freezing our butts off!
ReplyDeleteIt was the bird sculptures that he liked better than just the drawing/paintings.
ReplyDelete