Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kitty has a name!!!

She is now Sophie!!!

Alison still liked Amber. Dan's mom suggested Sadie, which I liked as well as my original Sophie idea. Dan said if we didn't chose he was going to name her Nacho Cat (say it out loud and kind of run it together). Alison decided she didn't have enough orange to be Amber. I said I liked both names equally and would be happy with whichever she chose and she picked Sophie.

Sophie is still pretty calm and sleepy. She hasn't pigged out as much today as yesterday. She's still shedding a ton. I'm doing laundry and she doesn't seem spooked by the noises at all (her food/water and litter box are in the laundry room). She hasn't gotten into anything, chewed anything (Syd's fav pastime) or puked yet (Kira puked all the time). I'm so glad that we got her.

Oh and Alison is doing better with her too. After she screamed at Sophie for walking again, we got pretty firm and Dan told her she had to pet the cat. It was hard for her, but she did it. Then just a little later she sat on Dan's lap while the cat was on the back of his chair and petted her again. She's making great progress.

1 comment:

  1. I have a Sadie! After the LONG intro process, Sofie will probably end up being Alison's cat! :-)

    ReplyDelete