Friday, June 12, 2009

Life with a Kitty Day 2

Well, she still doesn't have a name. Alison likes Amber because she has some orange stripes mixed with her grey and brown stripes. For some reason, I'm thinking Sophie. She looks so much like Syd did that it's making it hard for me to decide on a name. Right now she responds to meow-meow and kitty and I'm afraid her name will end up being one of those two!


New kitty... (hmmm, not sure why that just turned sideways)








Alison with Sydney 2.5 years ago.

The kitty ate and ate and drank 2 whole bowls of water and slept all day. It must be strange for her to have been in a home, in a shelter, then the tiny cage at the pet store and now in our big house. She woke me up a couple times last night. She was wandering around meowing and sounding like she just didn't know where she was or where she should be, but as soon as I called to her she came right to me and was ok again. She hopped up on the bed for a minute, but didn't stay. Right now her favorite place seems to be on the rug by the slider. It's in the corner of the dining room and while Ian can get there it's not as wide open so I think she feels safer back there.
She is still being really good with Ian. He did a good job of letting her sleep but when she woke up he'd instantly follow her around. He pets her very gently. I'm so proud of him. I haven't picked her up in front of him yet, because he's hinted at wanting to pick her up so I don't want him to see me do it and think it's ok. So far I tell him that she doesn't want to be held and really she doesn't. I picked her up a few minutes ago and she was kind of ok with it and even purred, but when I started walking she wanted down. I called and got her an appointment for a check-up next Tuesday morning. Even though she's up to date on her shots and such I just want to have her checked out.

Alison is slowly adapting. We didn't let her hide in her room all day like she wanted to. She was scared to come out this morning when she woke up so she was very hungry when I finally went to her room to check on her. She did get really scared when the kitty tried to come close to her, but the screaming made the kitty turn around quickly. We talked a lot today about how irrational her fear of the kitty is and how Ian is really much more of a danger and she's ok with him so the kitty shouldn't be scary at all. We'll work on it more tomorrow and pretty soon she'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment