Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Alison's video

We had a really fun day today. I got out the blocks that we hadn't played with in awhile (last time Ian threw them and it just wasn't safe). The kids had fun playing and Alison taught Ian how to build things. Then she built a model of Grand Central Station from the Geotracks video that Ian got for Christmas. She decided to make a video to tell everybody about what she made. Hold on, it's a wild tour! (Here's the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONbYSaOvsAY if this video doesn't work.)

(Yikes, the end shows my pile of crochet projects and bags of fiberfill on the couch and me trying to catch up on the weekend's newspapers.)



Ian was also really into puzzles today. He did all the wooden ones we have up here then spied a Bob the Builder one. It was a 24pc no frames, just regular puzzle, but he was determined to do it. The first try I did most of it, showing him how. We've since done it about 5 more times and he's becoming more independent on every try. Sometimes he'll get 1/2 way done and just stop and put it back in the box. That's ok too. I can't believe he's even trying it. Somehow I have a feeling that he'll be doing on his own soon.



(Photo courtesy of Alison.)

1 comment:

  1. Allison has such a sweet voice! And I'm impressed that Ian put the puzzle back in the box.

    ReplyDelete