Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This is not what I expected...

Ian's hair has gotten too long. It's been sticking out funny in back (he's got quite a cowlick back there, that swirls all across his head). It's been bothering me and I keep saying that he needs a haircut, especially since his last one was sometime last year. So tonight I decided that it was haircut day.

I got out the clippers that Dan uses to cut his hair, took off Ian's shirt, sat him on the counter like we did last time. This time though, I forgot that I put an attachment on the clippers last time. Dan handed me the clippers and it didn't even register that anything was amiss. By the time I realized, it was too late and there was a very short patch in the back of my baby's hair. Since I lack the expertise to do any sort of blending to a longer length as I worked up to the front of his head, we were doomed. Last time I had left his bangs a bit longer than the rest of his hair and he looked so cute. This time, a fringe of bangs looked horrible compared to his little shaved head. So off they came too. I loved his spikey hair and bangs and now he has none.
I know it will grow out. I know it's just a haircut. Really he even looks cute like this. It would be a perfect summer 90 degrees and 90% humidity kind of cut. But it's February, in Michigan, and my son has no hair.

He does look a lot more like Dan now.
Before...
after...
(photos courtesy of Alison)

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I think it's cute. And just think! You won't have to cut it again for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    Thank you for a good laugh today. I really needed it.
    Love Aunt Marcia

    ReplyDelete