Today I took Ian out, just the 2 of us. We had a lot of fun.
First, we went to Spring Lake Library for story time. I hadn't tried to take him to story time for about 6mo because he didn't like it at all. But I've heard good things about the SL library and when I looked at their website I saw that today was Vroom-vroom story time. It seemed like the perfect chance to try again. When we first got there he wasn't too sure and said no and tried to leave. But we saw an old friend from the Tuesday playgroup we used to go to so we sat by her. Once the story lady started a story about a big rig, Ian calmed down and listened to the stories. He still got upset when the kids got up to do the finger plays. After the stories they did a gluing craft (they had car bodies, wheels, and tires cut out and the kids just glued them down). They also got a small snack. I had heard that this library gives out free books once a month and we were lucky that today was free book day! It's a perfect book for Ian too, called Alphabeep: a Zipping, Zooming, ABC. He loves it and it kept him occupied in the car while we did the rest of our errands.
We also stopped at Petco to look at the kitties that are up for adoption from the SPCA. Ian loves kitties, but Alison doesn't like being in the room full of cats (even though they are all in cages) so our kitty visits are usually short. Today though we got to stay as long as we wanted. Ian was so cute playing with one of the cats. It was chasing a ball around in it's cage. Ian would reach through the bars and push the ball to the cat and say "he-a-go" (here you go) and the kitty would bat it back. It was sooo cute.
Then we got groceries and still got home before Dan had to leave for work. (Alison had stayed home so we had to get back by 2.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment