Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ummm...did he just...

...spell his name? Alison had used the letter magnets to spell Dan. I just watched Ian take away the D and put an I in it's place. Hmmm...even if he didn't completely spell it, he noticed something was "wrong" with his name and fixed it. That in itself is pretty amazing to me.

Oh and yesterday he brought me the bag of croutons out of the cupboard. I gave him one since I know he likes garlic bread and figured he'd like it. He put it in his mouth, spit it out and said "no". Ok, I guess he didn't like it. No big deal. But then he turned the bag around, pointed to the cherry tomato in the salad on the front of the bag and said "see?" So I got him a tomato instead and that was what he wanted. I thought it was cool that he figured that the bag must have tomatoes in it since there was a picture of a tomato on it.

I sure wish we could figure out why he isn't talking and the best way to help him learn how to. There seems to be a lot going on in his little head and we are missing out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment