We had a super busy day today jam packed with fun.
This morning the kids played with papa and nana for awhile while Dan and I went target shooting. I hadn't shot anything since before Alison was born, so it was fun to go again. I did pretty good for not shooting for a long time. We had to hurry to pick up the kids though since Dan had to come home and get ready for work.
The kids and I stayed home for awhile and just hung out then we decided to go exploring again. There is a bike/walking trail that goes over the marsh and out to the Muskegon River. We started on the north side. Alison was excited because grandpa had taken her there last summer and she wanted to show Ian and me how fun it was. I really wanted to wear Ian out, so I let him walk instead of putting him in the stroller. The trail was really nice, it was even paved! The board walk was really fun too. There was an observation deck that was pretty high up and we could see out over the river and into Muskegon Lake. Then we went down and started walking up toward the Causeway (the highway that goes over the north and south branches of the river). There was no way though that I was going to go over the bridge that is shared with the highway with the kids. Besides that we had been walking quite awhile and I knew Ian was getting to his limit. Sure enough about half way back he started asking to be carried. He gets really heavy really quick. So I'd carry him for a bit then making him walk for a bit. He was glad to get to the car and his comfy car seat.
We made a quick stop at Meijer to pick up a few things and then we came home. When we got home, he got mad at me because I wouln't let him drink out of the new non-spill paint cups (that I got for $.49 at Hope's Outlet, thank you very much). He took off and closed himself in our bedroom to throw a tantrum. After a few minutes, I realized he was being really quiet. I figured he was either calling foreign lands on the phone or he had figured out how to turn on the water in the tub and was dumping water on the carpet. I snuck in to see which thing I could catch him in the act of doing. I was quite surprised to find him passed out on our bed, at 6:45!! He was really out too. I tried to wake him up. I even picked him up and brought him into the living room. Finally after talking to him for 5 min and him not noticing at all, I just laid him down in his bed. I hope he sleeps all night. I really don't want to be up at 3am with him expecting to play.
Funny thing is that it's only 11pm and I am beat. I normally stay up way later, but for some reason, tonight I think will be an early night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment