After all busy week last week with art camp and 2 days of speech, this week is very quiet. We had a great weekend. On Saturday we went to my parents' house for an egg hunt and Easter dinner. Then on Sunday we went to Dan's aunt and uncle's for a big family dinner. It was nice to have the parties on 2 days so we could slow down and have fun and really enjoy ourselves.
Yesterday the kids and I had to go out to do some errands and Alison did a couple things that really made me laugh. First while we were driving through town she spotted a party store and said "Mom, I think that daddy would like that store. It says that they sell beer and wine and I think I even saw chips in the front window!" (If you don't know, Dan's been making wine for awhile now and this summer wants to try to brew beer too.) Then when we were in the grocery store (it was just a quick run in and get more salad stuff trip), she said. "Mom, I notice that you are buying things that are not on our list. Is it because they are on sale?" She was right, I hadn't made a big list according to the ad, just a list of stuff that we needed to make our salads for dinner last night, but there were some really good deals on things that we normally buy, so I did pick up a few of them that I knew we would use. I love how she thinks about things (even when it is annoying that she questions me and what I am doing and tries to tell me what to do a lot of the times).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment