Today Alison had day 2 of art camp. She finished the project she started yesterday, in a much more detailed way than I expected. They looked at books of butterflies and moths for inspiration, then the drew a picture in pencil on a thin piece of construction paper. After that they turned the picture over and colored the entire back side of the paper with chalk. Then they place the picture chalk side down on the paper that they paint black yesterday and traced their pencil drawing with a pen. Now they had a chalk tracing of the picture and they used that as a guide when they scratched off the black paint to reveal their rainbow design underneath. Whew! I'm restarting Alison's Art Blog (thanks for the nudge Sybil, lol). So here's her 1st art camp post.
While Alison was in class I shipped out my first Etsy sale. Then I checked out a store that I had heard about called Utopian Marketplace. It was amazing! They had so many things that I have seen online and never thought we could get around here. Since I hadn't had breakfast yet I decided to splurge and try some of these new things. I got a coconut milk yogurt and a Primal Strip Vegan Jerky They were both really good! I loved the jerky, it had great flavor and a nice chewy texture. I would definately buy it again (or in my case try to make it). Same with the coconut milk yogurt. It was pretty expensive, but I have seen recipes for it so I'm going to have to try to make it.
After we got home, we had about an hour break and then we met our friends at the bowling alley. It is so hard with Ian. He doesn't understand the whole take a turn thing and he gets really bored with all the down time. So I barely got to talk to my friends at all. Alison had a great time though and we got to see our friends that moved away since they are back in town this week. Alison did awesome bowling and got the highest score of all her friends!
Alison bowling... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsLROn565Yk
Alison and Ian... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAOFw41IoEE&feature=channel
It's 5:00 and I'm beat! Ian's watching a video, Alison's playing on her computer and I'm fighting to stay awake. I don't dare sit on the nice comfy couch, I'd be asleep in minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment