Last night's parade was a lot of fun. Not surprisingly Ian's favorites were the classic cars and the firetrucks. He was so cute. He'd see a fancy car and say "I like that mama" or "cool car mama". He kept asking if they were gamp-gamp's cars. One of his favorites was 3 huge quad-cab trucks pulling trailers with beat-up race cars on them. The kids barely looked old enough to drive (meaning I'm getting old and they were probably 16, lol). 2 of the guys were in their cars and were revving up the engines. They were loud and Ian loved it. He just said "wow" with big wide eyes.
I was proud of Alison too. There were four groups of people walking dogs in the parade. One was for a doggie bath-house, one was an obedience club, some were dogs from the pound that could be adopted and the last was for a bank or something. She didn't scream or run away, but she did hide behind me. It was cool though. We saw everything from tiny dogs to huge great danes and mastiffs. One lady brought her mastiff over, Alison jumped behind me but Ian said hi and I got a chance to ask what kind of dog it was.
This morning I got up and went to 2 church rummage sales and goodwill. (I know, we don't need more stuff! But like my dad always says, it's the new stuff that's fun.) I got some really good deals though. The first sale didn't have anything. Then 2nd one I got a yard of monster truck fabric for only $1, some perler beads trays for $.10, and a vintage bag of playskool wooden blocks for $.50! Then I remembered that goodwill was having back to school sales this week. I was kind of disappointed because the only things that are 50% off are clothes with green or yellow tags. Kind of lame for all the hype. Plus the jeans I found for Alison and the shirt (with helicopters and airplanes) were blue tags. I did find a belt for Alison too. She desperately needed it. I also got a ziploc bag full of Pokemon cards for only $.80! I'm saving those for her birthday. I got her a pokemon story book that I gave her today and an origami book that I'm saving for Christmas.
Now I'm off to declutter the stuff we don't use. I cleaned up the toy sorter and bins the other day and it's still in the garage, so I need to clean out the corner so we can bring it in and sort the cars into the bins and label them. Anybody need baby/toddler toys that Ian's outgrown? Let me know! I'm keep the Little Peoples but there is a lot of other toys that he doesn't play with that needs to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment