Today is a beautiful day, so the kids went out to play. I put bug spray on them, but he still got mosquito bites right by his nose/eye and one on each ear. Then they were hungry and wanted a snack. No problem I got them some apple slices and grapes and pulled 2 chairs up to the table on the deck.
While we were sitting there what I thought was a bee (but later figured out was a yellow jacket) started flying around us. I usually just stay still and wait for them to get bored and fly away. But this one landed right between Ian's fingers. Before I could swish it away and while I was saying "Don't Move!", Ian noticed the tickly feeling on his finger and clasped his fingers together. It all happened so fast. Instantly he started crying and saying "It hurt me!" Poor little guy. I finally got him to loosen up his fingers and the wasp flew away. I brought him in and washed his finger off and put benadryl on it. It got pretty red and puffy right away. There wasn't a stinger in his finger, but I can see the bright red spot where he got stung. After he calmed down, he wanted to go right back out to play which I was happy for. Since this is the first time he ever got stung, I was worried about how his body would react.
I did give him some benadryl too. I tried the baking soda and water paste, but he didn't like that at all. I am so thankful that he didn't have a bad reaction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment