Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My baby isn't a baby anymore...

My baby turned 3 today. I'm having a hard time with it for some reason. I am really happy for him and happy for the little boy he's become. As much as he can be a handful at times, he's really a sweet and fun little guy too. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I don't have a baby or even a toddler anymore. I have a preschooler. If I wanted him to, he could be gone 5 days a week to preschool in just a couple weeks. Now being homeschoolers, he's not going to be, but just the idea that he could be... He'll continue to get speech. I just have to take him to the school around the corner once a week. Plus, I decided to join a local homeschool co-op. (I'm sending in the application this week.) There are a couple classes that he can go to at the same time as Alison is in her classes. One is a music and motion and the other is story, songs, and snack. I think he'll really like it. (Alison's classes are Fine Arts and Michigan.) He is just sooo different than Alison was at 3. I know part of it is just the boy vs girl thing. Part of it is the superverbal Alison vs the less verbal Ian. He had a fun day full of cars and candy and he took every single one of his new cars to bed with him tonight. It took him a little while to fall asleep with all the sugar and cars, but he was one happy little kid!


Last week I didn't post at all but we did have a lot of fun. My best friend from high school invited Alison to come to VBS at her church. When we got there she and her mom let me know that they also had a preschool classroom if I wanted to let Ian give it a try. Both kids had a lot of fun. Ian didn't like the big group music time at the beginning and end of every night and a few times he tried to sneak out (somebody always caught on to his schemes though and would keep him occupied until his teacher or I came to get him. The surprising thing is that this week I've been singing some of the catchy little songs and he started doing the motions!) He even did so good during the classroom time that I got to come home for an hour or so for the 3 middle nights. I didn't do anything exciting, but I did get stuff done. On the last day it was supposed to be parent night. I was the only parent that showed up for Alison's group and after a few minutes I could tell that she didn't really want me there since nobody else had a parent hanging around. So I went and helped my friend and her parents in the kitchen making smores in the gas stove to be passed out at the campfire. It was fun and brought back some old memories of us working together at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp in the kitchen when we were teenagers. I'm glad we went to Camp Faith last week. I got to see Sara 5 days in a row (that hasn't happened since high school!) and the kids had fun as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment