Today the kids and I went to Impression 5 down in Lansing! We met up with my friend Elizabeth and her 2 girls (who live in Jackson now so we rarely see them). We were originally going to go to a zoo, but it was supposed to be rainy so we picked an inside activity. It was definately worth the drive! There were so many fun things to do and everything was hands on!
The little ones (Elizabeth's girls are 17mo and 2.75 years old and Ian who just turned 3) had fun pushing buttons, sliding switches, making bubbles, and making music. There was a special room just for 1-4 year olds that really was their favorite part I think. It had a play house, a lighthouse climber with 2 slides, a book corner, some car tracks & a light table. It even had it's own water play area with all sorts of fun toys. Alison really enjoyed that room too. She was really looking forward to the big kid water room, but it was boring compared to the little kid area and the little ones could barely see into the lowest parts in that room. We were all kind of disappointed, but then we went back to the little kid room and they had a blast! Alison understood a lot more of the activities and could read the explanation signs to see what was happening.
It will definately be worth it to go back again in a couple years when Ian will understand more of it too, even though he did have fun today. He played really hard. I can't believe he didn't fall asleep on the way home! A couple times he'd start to nod off then wake up and start yelling about something and then he'd quiet back down. After we got to Coopersville, I actively tried to keep him awake. I didn't want him to take a nap after 6:00! We stopped in Coopersville and got french fries so that helped keep him awake the last half hour too. Now the kids are relaxing and watching a movie and pretty soon it will be bedtime. I have a feeling we're all going to sleep good tonight!
Here's a link to the pictures I took yesterday. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment