Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ratatouille!

No not the movie, although we love it and it inspired Monday's activity. I decided that this was the perfect time of year to try to actually make ratatouille. The first thing I learned is that traditional ratatouille is nothing like the one that Remy makes in the movie. It is a thick, chunky, stew. While, that sounds good, I wanted to try the ratatouille of movie fame. So I searched a bit more and found Smitten Kitchen's movie version. It sounded yummy and I began washing and chopping veggies. Alison soon noticed and asked if she could help. I told her the pattern that I was using and she began to take over. Shortly after that Ian noticed that we were busy in the kitchen and ran out saying "I help you guys?" He got put to work too! He would hand Alison 2 pcs of eggplant, 1 zuchini, and 1 summer squash. She would put them in the pan and then he would give her more. We had quite the little production line going and filled up a whole 9x13 pan. It turned out very yummy, but I was the only one who would eat it. I thought Ian might try it since he's a more adventurous eater, but he didn't want to either. I was happy though, I had it for supper, breakfast, lunch, breakfast and lunch. YUM!





No comments:

Post a Comment