It's almost 2am. I've been trying since 9pm to get him to go to sleep. He's had more to drink, got up and played with daddy for awhile, had a snack, pooped, been cuddled for well over an hour. He just won't sleep. Dan gave up and went to bed. I gave up and put him in bed and walked out. He called for me a few times. Although he's been quiet for about 5min now. Maybe he's asleep. I'm afraid to go check. Just today he seems to be saying "mama, I ee you" which sounds a lot like momma I need you. Can't not go in to check on him when he says that actually using momma and a whole big sentence. I have to reward him talking like that. Plus it breaks my heart to have him really calling for me and me not going. I remember once I left Alison in bed to sort things out and she was calling and calling for me. When I finally walked back in she said "I called and called for you momma. I sad you didn't come." I have a feeling Ian feels the same even though he can't say it.
We had the sub speech therapist come today. She was nice, probably fresh out of college. We were the 2nd home visit she's ever done. She did do a pediatric externship with 0-3yr olds in a hospital. Not quite the same. She kept pushing him past his frustration point. I nicely had to tell her that she could keep pushing and make him end up throwing a huge tantrum or she could back off a little. She didn't bring any toys. In Ian's mind since he was playing with his toys, he shouldn't have to follow her rules for them. That led to some power struggles too. Overall it went ok, she had to learn about him, he had to learn about her. If we see her again (she'll be his sub whenever the reg therapist can't come), we kind of made a plan of what toys for her to try to bring and what expectations she has for him. It will be interesting to see how he is with her if she comes again.
Alison is still continuing to feel better. She said her ears and throat were still sore today. I can't believe it's been a week already. I'm glad I don't have to send her back to school. If she did go to school she'd have had a week off and would be going back tomorrow. Her voice still sounds funny and she's not back to complete normal at all yet.
Ok, Ian's been quiet for over 10min now. Maybe I can safely sneak off to bed now. Sleep tight everybody. ssshhhhhh.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment