Alison had a really good day today (Friday). I did get pain meds in her chocolate milk twice. She's so used to water that it's bugging her that I keep asking her to drink the chocolate stuff instead. She did her antibiotics in ice cream twice. Two down, ? to go. She ate pretty well, still just noodles and hot dogs. She tried a bit of bread, but still wasn't ready for it.
I can tell she feels better though because she talked and played more today. She did complain more about her ears though. Dr said that days 2-4 her ears would hurt more, so we are right on track. I think tomorrow I'll mix her pain meds in with her abx and ice cream and get it all over at once. That way if she won't drink the chocolate milk, the meds are still in.
Ian is still being good to her, although the more she's up and around, the more he starts picking on her. He's picked up a few new words in the past week. They are in his language, but they are understandable in context. My favorite is drink which comes out something like eek. But compared to his former screaming at the top of his lungs while pointing at the kitchen, I'll take eek. I've been signing water and saying "Do you want water? Do you need a drink?" he still hasn't signed it, but he's actually trying to say it which is the ultimate goal anyway. He's so happy when I understand what he's trying to say. His other new word this week is noodles. Comes out nooahs. Alison was eating some ramen today and he was begging noodles from her saying "nooahs she-she?" (noodles sissy?) It was really cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment