Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting ready Tuesday

Today we are getting ready for Alison to get her tonsils out tomorrow. We're packing up activity bags for Ian, Dan and I and relaxation stuff for Alison. I'm also cooking ahead a bit so I can skip cooking the next few days if need be.

Alison's surgery is scheduled for 12 noon. While I'm thankful that we don't have to be up and out the door at 6am, I'm a bit worried about her not being able to eat or drink. She can't eat anything after mid-night and only can have water, apple juice (which she won't drink) or the cheap sugar water popsicles until 8am then nothing until after her surgery. Anybody who really knows Alison will understand why this is going to be really hard for her. She normally eats tiny meals/snacks every couple hours and she almost always has a bottle of water within close range. When she goes too long with out eating she gets really lethargic. Maybe that will be a blessing in disguise as she'll be too weak to fight and be worried. Anyway, we are planning on letting her stay up late and we'll try to get her to eat a big meal at 11:30 tonight and hope that that will sustain her.

No comments:

Post a Comment