Alison's surgery went really well and was done quickly. She was kind of upset before the surgery, but once they gave her the tranquilizer she calmed down and got silly. She'd look right into my eyes, giggle and say "mama, you got 40 eyes!" and then laugh. She was so stoned. It was cute. When she woke up she asked when she went to sleep because she didn't remember.
Now she's ok but in pain. She won't take her pain meds. I've got a med phobia too, so I understand, but it's so hard to see her hurting so bad. We ended up having to hold her down and try to shoot some meds in her mouth. She spit a lot out, but I'm hoping some got in.
She been eating a few bites of stuff here and there, a half a fudgepop, a few bites of ice cream, a 1/2c of soymilk with carnation instant breakfast with a spoonful of ice cream mixed in (trying to get as many calories as i could into that one little cup of drink, lol)
Ian was so good when I brought him home. I told him that Alison had big owies that he couldn't see, but they made her hurt and sleepy so he'd have to be gentle and quiet. The whole way home he kept saying "see sissy house". I can't believe how gentle he was. He gave her a hug, said hi then climbed up on Dan's lap and just sat there. Then he came and sat on my lap it was amazing. When it was time for bed he was almost scared to hug her until she told him it was ok. He was so sweet. I hope he's nice to her tomorrow.
Alison is sleeping soundly now. Luckily she's able to sleep through the pain. She didn't sleep well at the hospital so being home and in her bed is good for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment