Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting better every day

The title says it all. Alison still has a bit of sore throat and her ears hurt. I keep making the special soothing chocolate milk. It works like a charm. She's been talking a lot more. Pretty much back to normal on that. Her voice just sounds weird still. She's been still eating mostly ramen noodles and hot dogs. Today though she did have a waffle (nuked not toasted).

Tomorrow we go to the surgeon for her follow up appt. Although we are also supposed to be in the middle of a blizzard tomorrow, so I guess we'll see how the weather is and postpone it a couple days if we need to.

Ian's speech therapist was sick today (she has some chronic health problems). This time though the special ed secretary called and set up a make up appointment with a different speech therapist from a different school district. Pretty odd, since usually the therapist just calls (even from the hospital) and just sets up a new time.

Update on the mushroom log! We have tiny mushrooms growing. Technically the term is pinning. But whatever, we have mushrooms!! I'm so excited! There are 2 spots where we've got definate growth going and then another couple that look like they might be starting. This is so cool! My brother and sister in law also gave me some exotic veggie seeds (like red cucumbers, purple cauliflower and mini watermelons that taste like pickles) and I'm trying to figure out where to plant them this spring. Our yard is very shady. The deck and driveway are the sunniest spots so I'm trying to figure out how to plant near them. Maybe some beds in the corner between the deck and the garage? I think we have too many things for pots on the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment