Saturday, January 17, 2009

Who wants some snow?

We are getting dumped on today! Dan went out and shovelled and looked like a snowman when he came back in. Plus, you really can't even tell that he did shovel.


Alison is almost all better. She still has a dose or two of antibiotics left. Her voice is almost back to normal. We are doing school for the first time in a week or so. She's chosen to learn about horses and I found all sorts mini-books to make about them. Today she's doing one on horse body language. She has a great horse book that she got for her birthday and she's looking up the answers and copying them into her mini-book.


We decided yesterday that it was time to take down the great barrier as we called it. Otherwise known as taking down the pack-n-play that blocked Ian from wreaking havoc on Alison's projects on the table and getting into the kitchen cupboards and drawers. So far he's enjoying the freedom. Most of the doors have latches on them but the one corner cupboard can be opened by sliding it sideways. Ian figured that out in about 5min and found Alison's treat stash (leftover Halloween candy). So he got to have a sucker for morning snack since he found it fair and square. I think the treat cupboard might have to get moved up a bit so he doesn't expect suckers every morning.


The mushrooms are still growing. The biggest could be picked soon, but I can also wait till it's about doubled in size so I decided to wait. May as well get the most out of it. The other mushrooms are getting bigger too. It's amazing to watch them grow.

1 comment:

  1. Man - I really want one of those mushroom logs! That is so cool. It sounds like Ian is really making a lot of progress with his speech - cool!

    ReplyDelete